For students from American Consortium Universities: University of Arizona,University of Hawaii, University of Pittsburgh
Please note that all the application materials below are for AY 2019-2020 (Academic Year/Semester Only).
1. Contact your study abroad advisors (contacts are listed below)
2. Fill out "Student Information (click here to download)" and send it to your study abroad advisor as email attachment by the deadline.
3. Turn in the materials below to your study abroad advisor by the deadline.
(1) The Konan Application Form (click here to download)
(2) Two letters of recommendation
Note: Students who have taken Japanese language classes need 2 recommendation letters, one from your faculty or your academic advisor or TA, and one from your Japanese language teacher. Send the Forms to your recommenders as email attachment. Your letter of recommendation must be in a sealed envelope with the recommendation writer’s signature across the seal, and must be sent to your study abroad advisor by the deadline. Forms are included in the Konan Application Form, but for your convenience, you can also download as below.
Recommendation from Japanese instructor (pp. 4-5) (Click here)
Recommendation from Faculty member (p. 7) (Click here)
Note: Students who haven't taken any Japanese language classes need one letter from a faculty member, or academic avisor.
(3) Konan University Participant Agreement (Click here)
(4) Scholarship through Konan (Click here)
Note: Read first the direction"How to Calculate the JASSO GPA"
(5) Official transcripts (including all colleges/universities you attended)
(6) Copy of your passport (if you have)
All students are strongly encouraged to consult their academic adviser to find out how the program fits into their degree program.
Students at the University of Arizona, send your materials to:
Study Abroad and Student Exchange: Ms. Hsin-Fen Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
888N. Euclid Ave., Room 301, Tucson, AZ 85721
(520) 621-1755 email@example.com
Students at the University of Hawaii, send your material to:
Study Abroad Center: Mr. Max Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Moore Hall 115 ,1890 East-West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 956-5143 UHMSAC@Hawaii.edu
Students at the University of Pittsburgh, send your materials to:
Study Abroad Office: Ms. Leslie Smedley (email@example.com)
802 William Pitt Union, 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
(412) 648-7413 ABROAD@pitt.edu