I self-identify as a language learner, a language teacher, and a language researcher.
Language learner: I grew up in Shenzhen where I was exposed to Mandarin, two Chinese dialects, and English at an early age. I learned French in college and I am currently learning Korean and Japanese.
Language teacher: After coming to the U.S. in 2013, I accumulated experience in teaching Chinese from kindergarten level to college level. I also have rich experience teaching English in China.
Language researcher: As a PhD student, I investigate the Chinese language with the help of computer programming and psycholinguistic experiments.
- Lexical semantics, computational morphology
- Technology in language learning
- MA, Seton Hall University
- BA, Nanjing University
Distinctions / Awards
- 2017 Spring, List of Teachers Ranked as Outstanding (top 10%) by Their Students, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- 2016 Fall, List of Teachers Ranked as Outstanding (top 10%) by Their Students, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- National Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations (NFMLTA) Conference Travel Award (2017, $1000).
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures, Graduate Research Fellowships (2017 summer, $3000).
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Graduate College Conference Travel Award (2017 – 2018 Academic Year).