In Engaging the Other: “Japan and Its Alter-Egos”, 1550-1850, Ronald P.
- New book by EALC Professor Emeritus Ronald Toby: Engaging the Other: 'Japan' and Its Alter-Egos, 1550-1850
- The Intensive Foreign Language Instruction Program at U of I offers low-cost classes in 10 different languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and English as a Second Language.
- Actus Consulting Group is recruiting Japanese speakers for various entry positions in Japanese companies in the U.S.
- Unfinished business and life after death are the themes of The Afterlife of Kenzaburo Tsuruda, a haunting tale of redemption by Elisabeth Wilkins Lombardo (BA, Asian Studi
- Gabriel Wacks, an East Asian Languages and Cultures major, has been offered a $20,000 Boren Scholarship to support his academic year intensive Chinese language studies at Shanghai University of Fin
- The Year-in-Japan program is featured on the latest news of the School of Literatures, Cultures,
- Upcoming events: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 Koen De Ceuster (Leiden University), "In Their Own Words: North Kore
- Korean Students Association at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has initiated a petition, asking the College of Liberal Arts and Science to institutionalize support for Korean Studies.
- Zong-qi Cai, professor of East Asian languages and cultures at Illinois, is growing in prominence as an expert on understanding Chinese literature.